TrainZItalia Pro

This forum is closing. Please follow this link to TrainZItalia !
(
for further information mail to)

Go Back   TrainZItalia International > General Sections (multilanguage) > Welcome

Old 01-24-2012, 01:13 PM

Default TS 2009 configuration & tuning

Hello,

User of TRS 2006/7, I just get TS 2009 WBE, and I am looking for information allowing me to tune up this new version.
Indeed, the mini-handbook of TS 2009 WBE send me back to the TRS 2006 manual for more details, such as the options of the TRAINZOPTIONS.txt file, but some of them don't seem to work with TS 2009 WBE…

So, could you please tell me where to find or give me the relative information for the options (listed and not listed in this handbook) which apply to this version - TS 2009 WBE.

For example, the function: “- nolog” is not documented. Not more than the functions: “-DefaultAutoMip, - DynamicVertexBufferSize, - DynamicIndexBufferSize, - VBO”

In addition, is the function: “- keepallresources”, has to be followed by: “=1” or to be used without suffix, and does it apply to TS 2009 WBE?

I went thru WIKI, as well as different posts, but didn't find anything relevant as far as TS 2009 is concerned.

Thanks for your assistance.

Pat
Old 01-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Hello Pat,

I am not a great computer expert, so I am unable to answer to most of your questions, sorry.
The only one I know is the use of the "-nolog" option: if you add this line to the trainzoptions.txt file, the game does not write information in the "jetlog" file, and this may give you a little gain in FPS.
In normal use, the "jetlog" file is absolutely useless; it only becomes important if you are testing some scripted content and you want to keep some trace of its behaviour,

Old 01-28-2012, 03:53 PM

Default TS 2009 configuration & tuning

Hi UP844,

Thanks for that info, It's already a good start.
It is a shame that AURAN is not providing any good infos on that subject.
The only thing they have been able to tell me, was to look at WIKI ...
Sure you find some generic information about these parameters, but nothing specific to TS 2009 !
I don't ( not being the only one ! ) understand their position, since that company designed, developed and are suppose to maintain the products ...
So, as designers and developers, who else is the best to provide details on config or whatever else ?
Maybe the fact that N3V is involved has to do something with it ...

Pat
Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Hi Pat,

I fully agree with you.

Auran (and now N3V) says they made the game engine, but content must be made by individual authors. That's fine for me, but I would like to know HOW I must make it...

I spent three years trying to figure how to make a working and realistic steam enginespec for TS2009 and up, and only recently I had managed to understand how to make it, thanks to the great help I had from other fellow Trainzers. We did not receive a single word of explanation from Auran, even if we repeatedly asked for it...